Type of Product
– Manufacturer: Polypeptide Group;
– Vial size: 1 mg;
– Purity: >98,6%;
– Molecular weight: 7,372 gram / mole;
– Shelf life: 3 years;
– Storage conditions: the drug should be stored in a refrigerator at a temperature of 2 to 8
Insulin-like growth factor-1 (also known as somatomedin, IGF-1) is a biologically active peptide formed mainly in the liver and muscles, the most important mediator of the action of growth hormone. Has an anabolic effect.
Metabolic activity of IGF-1 provides an increasing glucose in the uptake, fatty acids and amino acids by cells, thereby providing a metabolism for the growth of tissues, for example, muscles. IGF-1 LR3 significantly increases muscle mass, causing a state of muscle hyperplasia.
– increasing in the transport of amino acids to cells;
– increasing in glucose transport;
– increasing in protein synthesis;
– decreasing in protein degradation.
In the human body IGF 1 works as follows:
• provides feedback between the pituitary and hypothalamus, promotes the synthesis of somatotropin and maintains it sufficient for restorative processes in all tissues, including the muscle;
• causes hyperplasia of muscle fibers;
• stimulates the absorption of amino acids and the synthesis of proteins in muscles and other tissues.
In target tissues, the first type IGF-1 receptor, which is homologous to the insulin receptor, is activated by IGF-1, which leads to activation of the intracellular signaling pathway and further stimulation of a variety of processes leading to axial growth. In addition, it provides growth of bones, muscles and other tissues.
IGF-1 is used for long-term treatment of growth disorders in children and adolescents with severe IGF-1 deficiency.
According to the indications for use, treatment should be carried out under the supervision of physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with growth disorders.
– stimulation of muscle growth also means stimulation of growth of various kinds of tumors, if any in the body;
– can cause the development of hypoglycemia, like insulin, so it can reduce blood sugar levels;
– allergic reactions;
This product is not intended for human use. All products presented on this site are for laboratory research only. All information on the site is provided for informational purposes only.